This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newly quadaplugged. Opinions please!

last Friday my eye doctor plugged my upper ducts as an experiment to see if I could gain some additional relief. My lowers have been plugged for a couple of years. As he warned, I occasionally get overflow, but i also get periods of arid dryness. The biggest problem seems to be greater blurriness than what I have had before. Is it because the tears are of poor quality? How long should I let this experiment run? will things settle down or should I ask to pull the plugs earlier than my next visit in 6 weeks? any thoughts?

Hello yes I recall when I got my uppers plugged (had the lowers for about 2 years) that I had a lot of tear overflow along with the blurriness. I do believe it was because it was just watery tears and not real good quality tears. If I can remember I thin the overflow lasted about 6 weeks and then it stopped. I do not know why it happens but I guess your eyes get use to the plugs. Are your plugs irritating your eyes ? May be why the excess tears.

Comment

alb1967, thank you for the reply. There is no irritation from the plugs themselves, but my eyes feel like they are gummed up. I am scheduled for a return doctor visit in 6 weeks. While my eyesight was better without the uppers plugged, I am thinking I should not get hasty on getting them removed. The tear overflow has already greatly diminished. perhaps something positive will develop. It seems i've tried pretty much everything!

Comment

Working...
      X