Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Temporary plug – I put and got much worse. What to do?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temporary plug – I put and got much worse. What to do?

Temporary plug – I put and got much worse. What to do?
    On May 27, I put a absorbable plug of collagen. On the same day, I felt strange effects. My eyedrops were not firming in the eye and the Restasis also failed to help me as he usually did. I realized that I was more vulnerable to wind and air conditioner.
    The situation was only getting worse and I was up with keratitis (something I had not for about 2 years). Two weeks later, I made up one irrigation to remove any residue of the plug. However, I continued very ill. In fact, the situation is hopeless. I still feel the same effects caused by the plug. My eye drops do not seem to work, my eyelids seem to glue or to stick in the eye when I blink and any breeze seems to resect my eyes.
    I'm using doxycycline (which was good for me in the past) and steroids for more than 30 days and the improvement does not appear. I also have used eye drops every 40 minutes, even wearing goggles all the time. Contact with wind or air conditioning became more unbearable.

Has anyone experienced this? Can anyone tell me what is happening? Can anything be done to reverse this situation?

We had an infection of the tear duct - there was some pain but not much red eye, and just a little pus when the tear drain (canaliculus) was pressed. We cleared it with a short course of a fluoroquinolone topical antibacterial - is the doxycycline an anti microbial dose?
    Last edited by littlemermaid; 19-Jul-2013, 00:55.
    Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Working...
    X