Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it dangerous to get all 4 plugs and does it make a huge difference?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it dangerous to get all 4 plugs and does it make a huge difference?

had lowers plugs and I feel they might have helped but not by a significant amount. I don't really notice enough and so want the tops done as well.

I was was told that lowers are 70 percent of the drainage whilst top is only 30 percent but people have reported it made a huge difference. What are your experiences and are there any big dangers with them?

I have always avoided all 4. There is nowhere for bacteria and inflammation to drain, so it builds up and makes matters worse. I saw another post by a girl who had all 4 plugged and within a few months she had chalazions.
    Living a Lasik nightmare - Wake me up!!

Comment

I started out with just two (just lowers), and it didn't help much, but things seemed to improve once i had all four (uppers and lowers) done. I've had all four for about 20 months, and I haven't experienced any problems with them. I also use Restasis.

Comment

I too started with 2 plugs which didnt really help and then I had all 4 done and it helped a lot. Eventually I had the uppers cauterized and the lowers are still plugged. They have been that way for about 5 years with no problems that I am aware of. I say, try it. They are only plugs and can be removed if there is a problem....F/G

Comment

farmgirl,
          Did your eyes tear a lot with all tears ducts plugged (cauterized)? If so, did your body eventually adjust? I have my lower left cauterized and upper duct plugged and the overflow is driving me a little nuts. Thanks so much and so glad you got relief!

Comment

I tried plugging all four once and ended up with terrible inflammation. Basically, the super concentrated tears couldn't drain out and just kind of sat there on the surface of my eye, causing more inflammation. I also had terrible overflow and tearing in one eye that never resolved after a few weeks. It looked every day as though I had been crying. My two top ducts are plugged and that seemed to be the right balance.

Go with a plug that can be removed if you choose to try this (not the Smartplugs, those cannot be removed and are well known for problems). If you are still having problems weeks later, and there is inflammation along with it, get to your doc ASAP.

Comment

No Amyfloor my eyes don't tear much at all mostly because I am tear deficient not oil deficient. I pretty much would kill for some tears that stayed around for more than 20 min.

Everybody's situation is different and we all react differently. What I am saying though is that in 5+ years I have not had a problem with toxic tears. No tears in ATL on the other hand did but one never knows until one tries. No tears in ATL brings up a good point though, if you are trying plugs Vice make sure you are not using the plugs that are inserted right into the canal because those can be dangerous. You want the type that can easily be removed....F/G

Comment

Originally posted by farmgirl View Post
                make sure you are not using the plugs that are inserted right into the canal because those can be dangerous. You want the type that can easily be removed....F/G
                Agreed! My ophthalmologist says the kind that are inserted all the way into the canal can cause terrible problems which could even require surgical intervention to fix.

Comment

Working...
                X