Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cautery Appt Booked : Having 2nd thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

neil0502 ...

i think you may be right about the compensation thing.
    things were amazing ... but my eyes have gotten dry yet again (not to the same degree as before but the dryness has come back... especially in the stubborn left eye and it's affecting the right eye)

I just got another prescription for FML, and they want me on it for 1 month now... let's see how things go.

atleast it's better than before, I have no regrets going for cautery of the lower two.

Comment

Originally posted by vancouver
      neil0502 ...

i think you may be right about the compensation thing.
      Since I don't like being right, it's a good thing it happens so rarely....

things were amazing ... but my eyes have gotten dry yet again (not to the same degree as before but the dryness has come back... especially in the stubborn left eye and it's affecting the right eye)

I just got another prescription for FML, and they want me on it for 1 month now... let's see how things go.

atleast it's better than before, I have no regrets going for cautery of the lower two.
      I'm sorry that some of the gains were taken away. Who knows? Maybe they'll return.

Careful with that FML stuff. I just checked, and--sure enough--it's preserved with my favorite, Benzalkonium Chloride (albeit it's a fairly low concentration, at 0.005%).

FWIW, I'd recommend:

1) That you talk with your doc about preservative-free alternatives, if indicated. If you need backup data about the harm done by BAK, either search this forum or send me a PM. Happy to help, and/or

2) That you continue to have your tear film pretty closely monitored. If they see your Schirmer's or your Tear Breakup Time start to flag, you may want to talk with the doc about unpreserved alternatives to the FML.

Best of luck. Again, I'm sorry for the back-slide.

Comment

Hi ...

So the last month was pretty bad. The FML as instructed didn't help. I went back east for christmas and the airplanes / high heat @ my parents house made it unbearable, i was using thera tears 20 times a day.

I finally added "Flaxseed Oil" 3 table spoons / day (liquid bottle form)... and within 2 days my eyes were better than ever. I haven't used drops even once since... and my eyes are perfectly white. I'm still cautiously optimistic ... but could this be the solution ?

The flaxseed oil doesn't even taste bad at all, just tastes like regular oil.. and requires refrigeration after opening the seal. I'll report back in a month.. but for now it's working like nothing else has for me. I've been on it for almost 1 week.

Comment

Working...
        X