Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice on my punctal plug situation, 1 silicone oasis soft plug 3 form fit

The silicone soft plug is external but has gone further inside, it is causing lots of redness around the puncta and inflammation, however it is blocking 100% atleast.

Then we have the other 3 oasis form fit, they don't block at all it feels like, I put in saline and it flows pretty freely into my nose/mouth.

What do you think I should do about my situation, I desperately need 4 working punctal plugs that block 100%, that is my goal.

The silicone plug was either inserted too deeply or may be sized too large. If it is visible the provider might be able to remove it and start with another size. The form fits are a hydrogel material and generally will increase in size enough to block most lacrimal systems. If you are tasting the drops then they are not doing there job. The bad news with the hydrogel is it can be massaged out. So it requires care on the patient to not rub the corners of the eye.

Comment

I did see my doctor about the plug at a follow up meeting, when I still thought it was an intracanicular, and he didn't see the plug and then tried to push it out I think, he was going to try flushing to see if it was there but I told him I'm sure its there because I can tell it's blocking 100%.

I do think it was inserted too far and possibly was sized too large aswell, my doctor should have gone easy with the dilator I did feel the plug when my eyes were in a certain position and when I had my eyes closed for a short while in the start like you should with an external plug but I guess it must have been pushed in shortly after because that stopped.

I'm very worried about the canicula, long term inflammation and sharpish pressure points on the plug could cause damage to it, the last thing I want now I've got an appointment with tear canal department at the eye clinic but there are pretty long waiting times, was 4 months a month ago, perhaps they I didn't make myself clear enough about how urgent it is, although I tried, do you think I should try hard to get an earlier apointment, if that is even possible?

Massaging out sounds promising, have you seen it done, if so how hard is it, is it always successful? Is there any official information that I could show my doctor?

I admit I tried to massage one out yesterday myself without dilating puncta, that was stupid, obviously I can't massage such a big piece of hydrogel when it's expanded. It got a bit inflamed but it's all right now. I do think I can feel the hydrogel there though, it's like it causes some pressure when I push on it. It was my surgeons first time using form fit, perhaps he inserted it wrong.

Comment

Working...
      X