Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pretty sure one of my lower plugs came out:-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty sure one of my lower plugs came out:-)

I had lower plugs put in about 3 months ago and have been using them along with restasis and blepheritis treatment. Ive still had some uncomfort so me and my doctor decided to go with the upper plugs as well. The past few weeks Ive noticed that one of the lower plugs appears to of worked its way out. Me not being a doctor or expert decided to wait and ask my doctor. This morning I politely asked how the lower plugs appeared and she implied that everything was good. She quickly moved on to putting the uppers in. The whole procedure took about 10 minutes and cost about $500 Anyways I got home and looked in the mirror where I clearly saw two upper plugs and one lower plug. The eye that appears to be missing a plug has what looks like a small divit where the plug would normally be. I showed a friend and she completely aggreed. Im not sure what to do in my position. I asked my doctor and she said everything appears fine but I still have a strong feeling inside that the plug is indeed missing

Mike,
    If indeed all plugs are the same and one is not visible I would go back. The question this time might be "I'm sure yesterday you saw the plug when I asked you about it but when I got home I could not see it like I can the others. Is it missing now or is this a different type of plug in this puncta?"

Good luck with all puncta closed.

Comment

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with the plugs, but I am not suprised. I found them to be very aggravating. I had bottom plugs put in, and they kept coming out. I also could feel them sticking me when I would blink. I had to keep going back and going back. I finally got sick of doing that and I had my ducts cauterized. I wish I had done that from the beginning. I would recommend it to anyone. It was a simple procedure. The worst thing about it is when the doctor comes at your eye with the cauterizing tool. You hear a little sizzle then it's over. I only had my bottom ducts cauterized. I don't think they like to close all of the ducts. I definitely would consider this if I was having to pay a lot of money for the plugs. Anyways, I hope you find a solution.

Comment

oh yeah something else

I am sure that your plug is probably gone. I could always tell when mine had come out. It amazes me how some of these really "intelligent" medical doctors can be such ding dongs. Unless you have the plugs that can be seen with a certain light, they can not tell if they are there or not. I never could see my plugs, but I knew if they were there or not. If I lost one, my doctor would always flush the duct, and insert a new one. I would like to visit a doctor that is a dry eye sufferer. Not a surgeon mind you, but just an eye doctor. I wish I had visited this website and others before I wasted a lot of time and money on plugs and eye drops and doctor visits.

Comment

Working...
        X