Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upper Plugs and Dizziness

Hi:

Since lower plugs helped me, I decided to try the uppers, as well. I just got them put in an hour ago, and am now feeling dizziness and a little woozy. Anyone else experience this after having plugs inserted? I didn't feel this way after the lowers.

I did call the doctor's office back and they said that if anything major would have happened, it would have happened right away. I wonder what major thing could have happened. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Ryan

Just hazarding a guess about a possible explanation... Tears are a refractive medium. Could the excess tears basically have the effect of overcorrecting you so that you are farsighted and that is making you feel a little off balance? (Same sort of way you might feel after a new / updated glasses prescription?)
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Or, it might just be the emotional reaction to the procedure? I don't know how sqeamish you are about such things. I know I had that reaction when I had an upper intracanalicular plug removed. The puncto-rooter treatment was not exactly pleasant!
      Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Thanks for both of your responses - they both seem plausible. If it's a different refractive error, then I'll probably get used to it. If it's a reaction to the procedure (no Valium like when I had LASIK! - then it'll pass. The uppers were definitely a less pleasant experience than the lowers (not that the lowers were pleasant!).

Thanks again to both of you.

Ryan

Comment

Puncto-rooter

I love it!

Can't wait to tell docs.

Comment

Originally posted by indrep
            I love it!

Can't wait to tell docs.
            Ha Ha Ha. Thanks. One has to experience it to understand fully, but it is fairly descriptive! My doc liked it as well. He also liked my reference to quads and triplets for my plugs.
            Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Working...
            X