New to plugs- help with overflow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to plugs- help with overflow

HI, I just found this site. I got 2 lower plugs a week or two ago and I got the upper put in 4 days ago. They are Eagle Vision.

I did not have much discomfort with the two lower, but he dry eyes did not get a lot better. Then I had the top plugs put in. Now I have almost constant drainage. All day, and sometimes tears are just rolling down my face. I have having to blot with a kleenex so much the skin around my eyes is sore and red. I am also having some discomfort with the upper ones, I notice them when I move my eyes. My inner eyes are red.

So how do I know if I have excessive tearing due to the irritation from the plugs or just too many tears or overflow? I do not know how long to give it or when to see my doctor again. I have to go away for a few days for work and I really don't want to have to wipe my eyes every few minutes in my meetings. All advice welcome!

Also, I do not think I understand what type of testing I should have. I was just told they are dry. I am on a new beta blocker and the dry eyes seemed to happen about the same time, 6 months ago. I had dry eyes before, but they were not that bad and never hurt. The doctor does not think it is related but I found many internet sites that say it is a side effect. Anyone else having this reaction?

Thank you!!

Kathe,
    If the plugs are hurting I would go back and see the doc soon. Perhaps ask him to try some Extended Duration intracanalicular plugs. These last about 90 days and are not exposed to your eye. This would give you a better idea, without irritation, of how all four puncta occluded would feel. After the trial period if silicone plugs are uncomfortable you might suggest the OASIS Form Fit plug.

Good Luck

Comment

Kathye5

I think the Extended Duration intracanalicular plugs are a good idea to try also.

My only suggestion with these (from my own personal experience documented on this board) is hang around the clinic for an hour or so after insertion as on both occasions when I had uppers inserted, they migrated out within an hour and were rubbing on my corneas resulting in immense pain and tearing.

Once the problem was corrrected they were fine, for whatever reason mine did not want to stay put - I could speculate as to why that could be but won't.

On the third round, I asked the DR if I could wait in the waiting room and have him check them in an hour to make sure they were seated OK, he was fine with this as it gave them a little time to settle and swell to the correct size.

I could never get on with upper plugs (permanent), i found that they irritated and rubbed whenever I looked in the "wrong" direction.

Best of luck with it, it is not as bad as it sounds.

Cheers

Ian

Comment

Working...
      X