Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 plugs in (flow controllers)

Hi,
    I am wondering if I can find similar experiences with 4 plugs in.
    Having only 2 lower plugs did not help at all. My condition became worse after 7 months. Now with 4 plugs I have watery eyes.The burning pain is almost gone, but I am not able to focus good because of the tearing. There is no overflow, but I need to wipe them off every 15min or so.
    Thank you so much.

George

George, I experience the same thing with 3 plugs in. I had the 4th removed because of tears pouring down my face. I believe they are reflex tears as I still experience some burning, and the tearing is intermittent in the eye with 2 plugs. The eye with the single plug is dry as a bone, and still burns. I do not want my other upper plug removed. I am happy to dab at it periodically!
    Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Hi George. This sounded similar to my problem. I recently got 4 plugs because there was little difference with 2. I have no reflex tearing but do find I dab much more than I like. ( Actually a lot) If I am looking down reading, etc. My tears really blur my vision. I decided to stay the way I am for a little while because one plug fell out and I was quickly reminded how much more comfortable too many tears are instead of none!
      My doctor told me on follow up he would gladly try the flow control plugs if this continued to be such a bother. Heading to humid Florida this week so I will get an idea of how the summer will be. Hoping I don't tear non stop!
      Will let you know if I change plugs and the result.
      Heather

Comment

Thanks for your answers!
        Down here in AL the temperature in the afternoon is around 80-85F.
        Indoor humidity is more than 60% all day long.
        But in stores AC is high....
        I still have some pain sometimes... Not using drops is wonderful...
        Have you tried Restatis with only two plugs? For how long?

Best regards!

George

Comment

Working...
        X