Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flow Controllers - question

Hi all,

I had flow controller plugs fitted 4 days ago (lowers) to replace other plugs......how long does it usually take for the punctum to constrict fully to the new plug. After 4 days I still feel the plug on my eye from time to time....and I can push it down manually and it does sit lower.

Ian.

Ian,
    If the doc dilated your punctum before insertion it is possible the punctal ring was ruptured and will not constrict. Also in the removal of the other plugs this could have happened. The punctal ring will usually constrict back to normal within the hour.

Comment

Hi Jan,
      It took me more about 3-4 weeks to adjust.
      But I still can feel them from time to time...
      Good Luck!!

George

Comment

Hi all,

I'm about 5 days in.......the left eye is the problem right now, the plug lifts up at one side and the edge of it pokes at my cornea....ouch! I can push it back down but it normally comes up again. I'll give it another week or so and re-evaluate.

However, with the flow controllers down bottom and the smartplugs up top I'm still not retaining enough tears....my eyes are still dry, however (why are there soooo many "however's") due to the cornea scratching I'm blinking more.......and maybe I'm sucking away all those good tears.........catch 22 I guess.

Ian.

Comment

Working...
        X