Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plugs damaging the cornea

Hi all,

After the doc pulled my flow controllers today and fitted smartplugs he commented that my cornea in that area was "damaged" by the tops of the old plugs that had been scraping against my cornea and scarring. I know!...cause I felt it from time to time....ouch!

My question is, does this damage heal.....can the cornea heal completely....or will it be permanent.

Also, is there any side effects to scarring......like maybe assisting in tear break-up.

Ian.

IT should heal up fairly nice. Most likely the damage is significantly outside your visual axis and pupil so it should have little to no effect on your vision.

Comment

the normal plugs scarred my cornea too, try flow controllers, they are very soft and comfortable!

Comment

scared

i had plugs myself for 4months and did not like them.they scratched me and my eyes were itching me the whole time.event though my eyes were very moist -they felt dry and looked red.my doc took them out and told me i developed a "cesspool effect".plugs can really help some people by keeping the tears longer on the surface but there is also a possibility that they can keep the bacteria and bad tears long time on cornea .gotta be careful with any treatment.

Comment

I want these plugs out!

I've had these plugs in now for about a week and can't wait to see the doctor next week and tell her to take them out. They're scratchy and very uncomfortable. What a waste of money!

Comment

Plugs seem to be real hit and miss affair with everyone experiencing something different.

I have tried Oasis temporary (4X) or permanent (2X), I found the permanent 2 to be more effective than the temporary 4 but the temporary ones if inserted correctly (and checked after about 1-2 hours) were the most comfortable.

I say to get them checked as in both instances that I had them inserted they migrated out again within about 2 hours.

I have since rubbed the plug out of my left eye because it was really itchy, I was scratching it (I thought very carefully) but the plug came out and i haven't bothered getting it reinserted, my eye hasn't been itchy either since it came it.

Maybe the plug was contributing to the inflammation in my left eye.

Best of luck with the plugs, they do take a bit of perseverance and a lot of trial and error.

Prattstar

Comment

weird

I thought a plug was a plug was a plug...
              Had a single smart plug fitted to upper left duct. To be honest its like nothing is there - can't feel any difference?
              Occupation - Optimistologist

Comment

Working...
              X