Plugs and blepharitis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plugs and blepharitis

I was just curious if anyone had any info on this.

I have blepharitis, although I am told its not serious, its moderate. But today I got a plug put in my upper tear duct of my left eye, I had one in the bottem currently and worked great, but now my eye is red in that corner area where I blink, it seems that the one he put in is scratching my eye, will this go away, or should I ask him to take it out. The one in my bottem tear duct works great. But I can tell the top one he put in its scratching my eye. I am hesitant because it provides so much moisture which i need.

Hi,

I've had the same in the past, but on my bottom plugs........at worst it took me nearly 3 weeks before they settled down. I was forever "pushing" them back down when they popped up using the wrong end of a toothbrush.
    I was told it can take some time for the muscle around the plug to re-form it's original shape/size, especially if the doc had dilated the hole before fitting the plug.

In the end, and although they did settle down, I opted to have them removed and SmartPlugs fitted instead.....much more durable.

Ian.

Comment

Hello, thanks for the reply, smart plugs, I have never heard of that or had that option given to me before.

My only consideration is the medium size I think he put in worked for me, I think thats what he called them, he said they are bigger will work better, and they did, I didnt get much relief from the small ones, as mentioned bottom one works great but the top tear duct part of the eye is very inflamed and its driving me crazy, I am so paranoid about redness, especially with job interviews lately.

I had one put in my other good eye in the bottom but did not seem to create much moisture like they did for my very dry eye and irritated it even worse, maybe I should have kept it in and gave it more time but it was creating very little moisture for me and did not seem to do anything, and since it was not that dry originally I kind of wanted it out. scrubbing my eye lid last night I knocked it, not completely intentional but I was not trying to be careful either since I kind of wanted it out.

Comment

I experienced discomfort for several weeks before I got to a point where it didnt feel like I had them in. One of my plugs fell out (sucks that it happens) and the other one is there and i dont even notice it is there.

I know the upper plugs are much more difficult to insert, so it could be that the plug is not inserted properly. Just a thought.

Comment

Working...
        X