Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to tell If plugs are still in or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to tell If plugs are still in or not?

well I got permanent top plugs and i know them are still in..But I got temporary's put the lowers and I'm sure they are out. Is there a way to tell to save me from going on a trip to the eye doctor's tomorrow. Problem is is that I HAVE to wear contacts about 5 days a week for about 2-4, maybe 6, hours a day for football. U see I can't play blind and I won't wear sports goggles because they just look goofy. I wear oasis (sp??) lenses. Any tips to help me through the season? I put re-wetting drops on the contact before i put them in and up until it's time to start practice. Needs tips.

You did not say what kind of plugs you have. If all four are plugged, then eye drops should stay in for several minutes and perhaps roll out if you bend over forward a bit after blinking a few times. Keep in mind that plugs are not designed to provide 100% occlusion. If they are intracanalicular and radiopaque, you can douse the lights and shine a flashlight at your punctum while pulling the eyelid gently taught (pull it to the side). You should be able to see the plug. If they are the surface type, you should be able to see them sitting there. The only sure fire way to know whether they are there or not is to have your eye doctor take a peek.
    Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

smb
      If the temporary plugs were collagen they only last 3-5 days. If they were the synthetic extended duration plugs, depending on manufacturer they can last 6 weeks to 3 months.

Comment

Working...
      X