Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plugs are working but I still have pain.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plugs are working but I still have pain.

I got upper and lower plugs in a few months ago. I have overflow all day but my eyes still hurt. Could it be my tears are evaporating to quickly? What can I do to help it?

I've had this problem. I burned like crazy despite tear overflow. Keep doing the warm compresses at least twice a day. I ended up using blood serum as well and feel it helped me turn the corner. I don't burn as much any more. Things are far from great, but the burning is under control.

D
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Hi,

I get the same in my left eye. It's all plugged up and does weep a wee bit......and when it does it can by stingy.

I found that if I kill the weeping quickly, i.e. dab it with a hanky then it does keep the stinging down.

I believe, and this is my own probably wrongful diagnosis, that if you let the eye weep too much then it washes away the oils etc and you are left with the "wrong" forumaltion of tears...which leads to sringing.

Ian.

Comment

I have the same problem in my left eye. Something is still not right with the tear composition. Try using your artificial tears routinely. When I do that, the burning quiets and the overflow stops, though be it temporarily!
        Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Working...
        X