Sticky drops pulling out plug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sticky drops pulling out plug?

Just noticed one of my plugs was missing. This after using Dwelle for 3 nights in a row. My eyes are so dry, that even with TranquilEyes I have to reapply drops 1-2 times during the night. I noticed that the residue totally glues my lids together, and even if I dribble more drops on my lids before opening my eyes, it takes a lot of force and pulling to open them. I was thinking maybe this pulled out a plug with the "glue."

Now I'm hesitant to keep trying Dwelle. I was hoping to ween myself from Genteal Gel, because despite the sticky drawback, Dwelle was helping my eyes feel better during the day. I think I am getting sensitive to the preservative in Genteal Gel, and wanted an alternative.

Do you think it's just coincidence, or have any of you noticed plugs coming out because of sticky drops?

Thanks,

Calli

Calli, have you tried blotting/wiping off excess immediately after application? Plug issues aside, personally I'd probably never put up with that kind of stickiness even for the extra relief. Maybe wipe with a little saline or water on a cotton ball after applying it?
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Thanks, Rebecca-

I'll try wiping the excess before putting on my TranquilEyes--I'll try that tonight and see if it helps. I guess I'm used to putting "a lot" of whatever drop in my eyes before bed, because I want it to last the maximum time.

Calli

Comment

I understand.... Dr. Holly used to always tell us that the eye surface can only hold about 2/3 of a drop or something so no point putting more, but to me, it just plain "feels" good to slop it on so that's what I do! But then, I don't get the same effect you do (or at least not in that degree).

When I put Dwelle in at bedtime, I'm usually OK with just putting tranquileyes on right over it, and the pads usually stay moist enough to absorb the excess if I reapply during the night. When I put drops in in the morning, lately I typically either blot with a tissue or have my shower & ocusoft scrub soon after. Occasionally I use a wet cotton ball if I've gotten more than usual on my lashes.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
        X