little punctum big pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• little punctum big pain

Had searing pain in right eye for two weeks.... couldn't figure it out. Had my husband look in my eyes with a flashlight and he saw that my top right punctum was red and inflamed (looked sore and raw).

Next day placed NO drops in eyes (was using Restasis once a day and ReFresh Plus twice a day)....... by 3:00 pm punctum pain was gone. Are my tears toxic from years of drops? Do the draining toxic tears irritate that much? BTW I had been generating a lot of tears (aka crying) cause my eyes hurt that much.

Do I go back to using any drops?
    "Happiness is finally getting the splinter out"sigpic

Steady, you need to go straight to your eye doc. You say "searing pain" for two weeks? Also since you have prescriptions, you must be under the care of an eye doctor, please call and go in asap. This is nothing to mess with.
    Lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

I agree with Lucy. Go for a check up with your doctor and see what is going on if the pain was that bad. If you were upset and crying alot, that almost definitely added to the redness and inflammation in your eye lids, but there must have been another initial cause for having pain that bad. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
      X