Punctual Plugs Lower Ducts Success Stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Punctual Plugs Lower Ducts Success Stories

I’ve been snooping around and reading all the stories from everyone and I am curious to learn has anyone had success with just the lower lids Punctual Plugs? If so, what type of plugs do you have? What is your regimen with the use of only plugs in the lower ducts? (i.e., medicines, artificial tear drops, ointments, night googles, humidifiers, etc.)

I am scheduled to have the plugs inserted in my lower ducts next Tuesday and I have not come across any success stories, thus for on the site.

Thanks,

Just got Temporaries...

I just got temporary (3 day collagen) plugs in lower only (about an hour ago, actually). My eye doc took me as a walk-in due to my discomfort earlier in the week. He said tomorrow I will notice a HUGE difference and if I tolerate these and they help we'll go for something more long term.
    Will report back as needed...right now I swear my eyes are still partly numb.
    Shoey

Comment

I think it all depends on what you mean by success. I found an improvement, but certainly not a cure with one plug in one eye and two in the other. I use drops liberally during the day and gel at night. I personally consider an "improvement" as a success.
      Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Not Sure!

I'm not sure -- I think my 2 temp lower-only plugs are helping some. My eyes don't burn when I close them today. I did use Dwelle last night before bed, trying to make it routine. Once in awhile I can feel the actual plugs I think, though, and if I forget and rub my eyes I really feel them afterward. I don't know what this means if I get more permanent ones -- will I lose them a lot or pop them out?
        Anyway - as far as "success", like I said my eyes don't burn as much when I close them and I just got the lower plugs yesterday. Being a non-work day is probably also a factor.
        beautifuleyes - please do let me know if any of this is helping you, and I'm really hoping you find some level of relief on Tuesday! Sorry I haven't familiarized myself with your whole story, but did they try something temporary yet as a test?
        Shoey

Comment

I improved HUGELY after my first set of lower plugs were put in. I think this is the single most important thing that set me on my way to more comfort. They take about 3 to 4 weeks to really know how you will feel with them. The first couple of weeks they bug and itch and even now occasionally itch but they really improved my condition. Now I have the uppers too and you can read my posts, I wanted them out at first. I forgot that it takes several weeks to adjust to them and see what your final outcome will be. But these plugs I believe were the turning point for me and I wish I had my uppers done too sooner. More than any drop or medication, for me the plugs have brought me the most comfort. But be patient with them.

Comment

Following Up

Okay...so I had the temp plugs put in Friday and I was not sure, but I *thought* I felt a difference on Saturday. Well today (5 full days later) my eyes felt SOOOO dry - maybe I got used to feeling more comfortable? I'm not certain, but I'm going on Tuesday for more permanent ones. Also wondering if 2 new meds I started yesterday could be drying me out more (managed to get bronchitis and taking arythromycin and Mucinex DM).
            Anyway that's my follow up.
            Beautifuleyes, how's it going? You got yours?
            Shoey

Comment

My Update on punctual plugs in the lower eyes ducts

I had Lasik done in 2001. In the last year (2007 to present) I’ve suffered from dry eyes. My eyes are constantly red and irritated. A few things changed to agitate my dry eyes to make my condition more prevalent -- I got a full time job in 2007, consequently I sit in front a 19inch monitor all day, I purchased a new computer the end of 2006 with a 22 inch monitor that I sit in front of at home to check e-mail, surf the net and watch TV. I believe working near ground zero doesn’t help my eyes either.

To date I’ve visited 3 different doctors to alleviate my symptoms, more over to overcome the redness in my eyes. I facilitate courses at my company and it bothers me my eyes look tired constantly.

Last Tuesday Dr. Latkany inserted punctual plugs in the lower eyes ducts, I have to be honest I have not witness any difference in my eyes – they continue to be red.

The plus is I do not feel the plugs. I will go back and visit Dr. Latkany in a month for reevaluation.

My regime includes the following:

Xibrom in the morning
              Pataday and Xibrom in the evening
              Ointment before bed
              Tear drops through the day

Periodically I use:

The Eye Googles
              Rebecca’s Rice Baggy
              Eye Massager

Comment

Hang in there!
                You said your eyes continue to be red - but do they feel as dry?
                Meanwhile, make sure you are changing the focus of your eyes away from the monitors periodically -- look in the distance, blink a lot, etc. I'm sure you're up on all that.
                It's very good that you don't feel your plugs! What kind did you get?
                Keep us posted.
                Shoey

Comment

Ask Dr. L if you can try genteal gel and drop the ointment. I swear using any type of ointment made my eyes feel HORRIBLE and BURN. Switching to gel really helped this for me.

Comment

Working...
                  X