So I got my lower plugs today..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I got my lower plugs today..

Unusually for me, I sought a 2nd opinion - about my eyes. I just wasn't happy with my first opth ignoring me telling him my eyelids were always itchy.
    This opth today seemed to listen, he said he suffers from dry eyes so I figured he may understand how uncomfortable this condition is making me feel.
    Anyway, he looked at my eyes thru the slit lamp and I asked him outright a) do I have any occular rosacea b) are my meibomian glands atrophied or clogged, he said no to both (strange b/c my first opth told me to do the warm compresses), so this guy recommended I stay on the Restasis I had already been rx'd until I told him it makes my eyes more sore and also itches the skin around my eyes. He ended up plugging my two lowers with dissolvables and telling me to call next week. I didn't really feel discomfort but right now my right eye (the 'troublemaker') is still red and while not dry so far not quite right either... how long does it typically take to feel relief with punctals? I'm worried that even if I do get relief that after a few months my system may get used to them and make even less tears, thus worsening the condition.

I think it takes a little while for your eyes to adjust. Do they feel any wetter? I know when I had lower plugs, I didn't really ever feel much different. When they put upper plugs in, that made a huge difference!

I'd try and do the warm compresses anyways, it can't really hurt anything so theres only room to get better with it. It's not something that will fix it overnight though...

bassfan

Comment

my eyes feel more moist, in fact the right one is tearing very slightly. Its still very red though. the opth yesterday gave me a genteal gel sample to use at night, this morning was the first time in a while where my right eyelid hasn't been stuck to my eyeball when I woke up.

Comment

hi

Would u mind reporting the result after 2 weeks?

Comment

sure no problem. my current plugs are dissovable though and they'll be dissolved by around 3/22/08, I guess it all depends on this week whether or not I'll have permanent ones put in.

Comment

Working...
          X