how long do dissovable plugs last?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how long do dissovable plugs last?

I got my lower plugs done Monday 3/17, the opth told me to call the following Monday as they would have dissolved - 'by then you'll know if they helped'. Does that mean they are disolved by now (Friday 21)?

Yoganut

This is a question probably best directed to your opth.

There are a number of different types of temporary plugs that last anything from a week to a few months.

I never had any success with temporary plugs, opting therefore for permanent ones that could be easily removed as/if the need arise.

As it stands, I have had several rounds of temporary plugs (oasis 3 monthly) and found they tended to dissolve after about 2 months or so, and now survive with just a plug in my right eye botton lid as I don;t seem to be able to hold one in my left eye - every time i get it 1 put in it only lasts a month or so and falls out.

Have a chat to your opth and ask them for more information on the type of plug and the likely duration.

I am not convinced (well in my case anyway) that 1 week is long enough to establish their effectiveness.

If I were in your position I would try a few different options with plugs before I gave up on them.

Cheers

Ian

Comment

Just My Experience....

Hi,
      I, also, had "temporary" plugs (collagen, 3-5 day) put in about a week ago (on a Friday) and the doc told me to call Tuesday and let him know if they helped. I *thought* they helped, and I told him so. By Wednesday, I was back to feeling quite dry and that's really what makes me think they worked -- going back to "the way things were". I'm going to have more permanent ones on Tuesday.
      Anyway -- but Ian's right, there are lots of types out there. It does sound like your doc was talking about Collagen, but best to ask him.
      Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
      Last edited by shoebox; 22-Mar-2008, 08:05. Reason: typo
      Shoey

Comment

My temporary plugs were to last 3-5 days. I got the greatest response from them on day 2 and 3. They pretty much stopped working after day three.
        Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Working...
        X