Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does anyone have cigna? know what they cover for plugs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does anyone have cigna? know what they cover for plugs?

I got collagen 3-5 day plugs in my lowers. The doc never mentioned the cost and usually I call my ins company before every new procedure, but I didn't expect to get them done in the office right there and then, the exorbitant cost never crossed my mind til I started reading these posts, now i"m worried cigna may not cover them or I may have a hefty out of pocket expense. This doc was in their network though. Of course it being the weekend, customer service is closed..
    thanks.

It wouldn't really matter if someone else has Cigna - it completely depends on your particular policy with them. You may be able to look up what you're covered for on Cigna's website but they're probably not so specific as to specify punctal plugs. You'll likely have to wait till Monday to call them.

Comment

well, called ins company today, first they said they were paying the whole amount of the claim, then when I asked about what they would cover for my having 6 month plugs installed, they said that that would be subject to my $100 deductible, then afterwards they would pay 90%.

They then backtracked and said that the claim currently under review (my temporary collagen plugs = $452) would be reviewed and the $100 deductible applied to that... so basically for collagens that lasted me at most 5 days, I'm out $140!
      Ridiculous! I certainly didn't expect to have to shell out $140 when I first sat in his chair last Monday! Sorry to sound like I'm whingeing I guess I'm in shock (I'm originally from the UK and you'd think that living here for 20 years I'd have a handle on it)
      What a racket.

Comment

If the doctor was "in-network", you shouldn't have to pay a deductible (with most insurance policies). If he was "out of network", you have to cover your deductible each year before they'll cover anything else for that year.

Comment

The reason the charges are the same for collagen, extended duration and "permanent" plugs is they all "occlude" the puncta. The code used for billing is for "punctal occlussion". So everytime you have plugs put in they should bill the same.

Comment

the doctor was in network.

Comment

Working...
            X