Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting lower plugs next week

Hi all,
    So I'm getting 3-month plugs to try next week. My lasik doc okayed it, but I'm having my insurance-covered opth. do them, so that I can get the longer lasting ones, and so that I am assured care in the longer run.

What questions/concerns should I have for him when they are put in? As a reminder I am 4.5 months post lasik and still very dry.

Thanks so much - I hope I feel some additional relief with them.

A lot of times plugs are kind of a trial and error thing. I would make sure you get the size and brand/model of the plugs you are getting and keep that info. I actually made a little spreadsheet and listed my feelings/effects for various plugs back when I tried them (2 vs 4 kina thing).

Other than that, just learn about the different types of plugs that there are. Also know that youre eyes may water more than normal the first few days then settle down. You may also have some eye discomfort for the first few days that will probably subside. If it doesn't then try different size/brand plugs.

bassfan

Comment

You might consider asking for a dose of topical steroids. If your dry eye is LASIK induced a ten day or so dose of steroid and plugs has a good chance of helping you over the next 60-90 days.

Comment

Working...
      X