I got 3 month Collagen Plugs today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got 3 month Collagen Plugs today

Thanks for all the encouragement to try this. My eyes already feel better. One eye feels completely normal and the other feels 50% better. The procedure was very easy. When they dissolve in 3 months time I can opt for the permanent ones. I would never have tried it without your encouragement.

Keep in mind that "three months" is a relative term. The plugs can last anywhere from aout 80 days to 110. So if after 2 months you begin to notice a difference it is probably just the plug dissolving faster. The more water on plug the faster it dissolves.

Comment

Thanks. He plans to check me every 5 weeks to see if they are still there. I can kind of see one, but not the other. So far, so good. I have had no reaction. No soreness, itching, or irritation of any kind. Just increased comfort. It is heaven--not quite, but sure better than where I was!

Comment

Congratulations. If you see the plug above your punctal ring you might want to go in and let doc have a look. If it gets too far up it could become uncomfortable.

Comment

Yes, I have heard that. He said that if I want I can wash my hands really well and then take a fingernail and push it back down if I can manage that. If not he said he will take care of it. So far so good. I am doing so much better with these that I cannot imagine why I waited so long.

Comment

Working...
          X