Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got plugs

Hi,
    I just got 3 month oasis collagen plugs. I'm not sure what I should be noticing.......would I notice an effect right away? Or would it take a while?

The synthetic plugs take a little while to completely hydrate and occlude the canalicular canal. By 24-36 hours you should notice some diferent level of tears on your ocular surface.

Comment

the plugs dont' seem to be doing anything for me anymore. I'm not even sure they are there anymore! It's hard to see them. They are the collagen type - supposed to last 3 months, and don't have a cap on the top or anything.

Am I stuck waiting 3 months to try something else? How does this work?

Comment

Plugs

Dr. L told me that they work best the first few days/week of having them so perhaps that is the cause.
        If life is a bowl of cherries, then why I am I stuck in the pits!

Comment

I've had permanent plugs piggy-backed on temporary plugs before, so I don't see why you couldn't have permanent plugs put in. You'd have to ask your doctor, though. Lucy
          Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

herrick plugs

Do herrick plugs come in different sizes or not? Do they ake a long time to work or would you know immediately. Are there other types of intracanicular plugs.I have had a lower one fitted but am not sure it is doing much after 2 weeks. Help!

Comment

Originally posted by lilahselman View Post
              Do herrick plugs come in different sizes or not? Do they ake a long time to work or would you know immediately. Are there other types of intracanicular plugs.I have had a lower one fitted but am not sure it is doing much after 2 weeks. Help!
              Herrick plugs come in different sizes. They also have short term dissolvable and longer term plugs. I started with a 3-5 day plug, noticed some difference in about two days. When I first got mine, I lost them fairly easily until my doc found the right size for me. I suggest you go in and see if they are still there. If so, you might consider getting the upper one plugged (I suggest a short term plug first). Indrep should see your post and add more.
              Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Working...
              X