new silicone lower plugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new silicone lower plugs

Okay, so I've moved on to silicone plugs in my lowers. The temporary collagen ones didn't last too long. I got Eagle brand....."flex plugs" I believe.

Aside from the numbing drops irritating the crap out of me, I think they're doing okay. I'm not like super moist yet or anything though................any thoughts on when I should notice a difference, if any? I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed for noticable relief.

Thanks!

5 hour update -- left eye is scratching a red spot on my eye......ouch! Right eye seems to be fine. Maybe it's just too high? I have a call into my opth.

Comment

I'm sorry to be such a worry wart.......I stopped by my doctor's just now, my doctor couldn't see me, but someone else did. She said the plug position looked good -- the same as the eye that is doing okay. She thought it might just be inital irritation and to give until tomorrow and ramp up the eye drops in the meantime.

Does that sound about right? My right eye is the drier -- and the plug seems to be fine on that one, so I guess that's a good thing.

Thanks for listening -- all of this is awfuly emotionally draining. I know I should just relax, but when you get hopeful it makes everything seem like so much of a bigger deal.

Comment

All of this sounds normal. You may not see relief for 2-4 weeks. Sometimes it's right away and you might think it would be like that. No such luck in some cases. Nothing with dry eye is "quick" except the pain.

If the one "scratching" your eyeball is indeed painful, this is not good and you may have to see the doc on that. I remember once after new plugs and for a long time after, I could feel the plugs when ever I was looking over my shoulder to back up the car. (When you turn your eyes to the side.) It wasn't bad enough to scratch my eye though.

lboogie----are you keeping your hands away from your eyes? I'm just asking a Motherly question. I know you're anxious about your eyes and the plugs. You will get better and I hope the new plugs are the start. Lucy
        Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

I've been good about keep my fingers out of my eyes The right one is still doing great -- but the left is scratching a red spot. The doc is going to see me tomorrow to replace it with a different size or type. Hard to tell what's what right now -- but I hope to see improvement once this irritation goes away.

Thanks for the kind words Lucy.

Comment

Working...
          X