Hurtful plug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurtful plug

I had punctal plugs put in this past Monday. The doctor had a hard time getting the right one in and it hurt while he was doing it. The left one went in easily. Since then I have had pain in the right eye and I swear I can feel the plug in there. Is this normal? Has anyone else had this problem? I have been using lots of eye drops but nothing helps much.
    Thanks for any suggestions.
    Cloud9 in Florida

It can take a few days for the inflammation to subside. Try putting some cool compresses on your eye a few times a day. If not better soon, call your eye doctor.
    Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Ibuprofen might help with the inflammation.

Comment

It is possible that you are one of the people who have very different size puncta. So one is fitting nicely and the other is too large for your puncta. 30 % of peole have different size puncta.

Comment

Hi there,

It actually did happen to me, but only when the doc. was inserting it in the higher eye lid. It really hurt when he put it in, it was red, and I could feel the plug rubbing on my eye. The inflammation eventually push it out. If the pain doesn't go away after a week, you should go back and see your doctor. You are not supposed to feel the plug.

MJ

Comment

Working...
          X