Plugs and potential scarring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plugs and potential scarring?

A few days ago my doc started me on a two week course of Patanol to see if perhaps my problem was allergy related. During the exam he noted that a lot of stringy gunk had collected in the corner of my left eye (the worst) which correlated directly with the discomfort I'm feeling. He also mentioned that perhaps I actually had a foreign body in that eye, that was floating around causing a cascade of problems, but couldn't see anything specifically. It made me wonder if all those times I'd been trying to "not think" about that foreign body sensation, there actually was something there.

Yesterday, that sensation returned full force to the point I was absolutely convinced there was something stuck on my upper eyelid .. driving me crazy whenever I blinked. I arrived home to find my Unisol solution had arrived in the mail (yayyyy), and tried to see if I could flush it out. It didn't seem to work, so my doc agreed to see me right away to see if he could find it. Of course by the time I got there, the symptoms had disappeared again. Who knows if I actually got it out, or whether it's still lurking somewhere, but he couldn't see anything at all.

Thanks to Diana for suggesting that maybe all I need to do is flush the eye out occasionally with saline. I had a great night and woke up this morning feeling fabulous! Whether it's the patadol, the removal of an actual foreign body, or simply using the saline to flush out some of the gunk, (knock on wood), both eyes actually feel rather normal this morning.

My question ... (sorry, long winded!) ... the doc mentioned that there is new literature surfacing about the use of plugs and potential scarring. He only wants to try them on me as a last resort. I should have asked him ... but do you think that would be scarring of the cornea (because of them scratching, which surely one would feel and get fixed) or some long term thing of them scarring the area where they are put in?

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks Diana for the suggestion about saline! Have a great weekend everyone!
Working...
X