No announcement yet.

Sudden intracanalicular plug migration?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sudden intracanalicular plug migration?

My left eye is double plugged with intracanalicular plugs. I have always had a bit of epiphora (excess tearing) in that eye especially when my eyes are overly dry or irritated. Suddenly, the epiphora has stopped. When I instill drops, they don't run down my face like they used to. I still have dry eye symptoms in that eye. Is it possible that after a few years, an intracanalicular plug can migrate into the lacrimal system? If so, what is the cause and is this something I should report to my eye doctor sooner rather than later?
    Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Yes intracanalicular plugs can migrate. Your doctor can do a "reflux" test to see if the plug is in place. Who was the manufacturer of the plug?

Comment

Originally posted by indrep View Post
      Yes intracanalicular plugs can migrate. Your doctor can do a "reflux" test to see if the plug is in place. Who was the manufacturer of the plug?
      Thanks, I knew you would have an answer! I have Herrick plugs.
      Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

I would definitely go have the doctor take a look.

Comment

Thanks much!

Comment

Working...
          X