Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sore plug

Hi All,

I haven't posted in a while. I am experiencing a very sore right plug and I am wondering if anybody has some information for me.

The plugs are permanent Eagle brand with the cap. I can really see them. They are huge!!

I have had them in for just over two weeks. They were a bit sore for about a week, but I have noticed in the last week or so that they have settled in. I can still feel them scratch across my eye when I move the eyes from right to left (fun times).

This morning, I woke with an incredibly sore right plug. It smarts if I push on the area. It hurts enough to drive me to tears.

It doesn't look red or swollen. Is it possibly infected? Maybe tranquileyes pushed on it too much during the night? Maybe Restasis is making it sore??

Anybody have the same experience? It seems they have been helping the dryness somewhat, so I hate to have it pulled.

Thanks!!

MDE

Originally posted by MyDryEyes View Post
    Hi All,

I haven't posted in a while. I am experiencing a very sore right plug and I am wondering if anybody has some information for me.

The plugs are permanent Eagle brand with the cap. I can really see them. They are huge!!

I have had them in for just over two weeks. They were a bit sore for about a week, but I have noticed in the last week or so that they have settled in. I can still feel them scratch across my eye when I move the eyes from right to left (fun times).

This morning, I woke with an incredibly sore right plug. It smarts if I push on the area. It hurts enough to drive me to tears.

It doesn't look red or swollen. Is it possibly infected? Maybe tranquileyes pushed on it too much during the night? Maybe Restasis is making it sore??

Anybody have the same experience? It seems they have been helping the dryness somewhat, so I hate to have it pulled.

Thanks!!

MDE
    Could be the start of an infection. If it were me, I would skip the tranquileyes tonight and if not better tomorrow, I would call your doctor. Better safe than sorry.
    Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

I would be reluctant to leave a plug in that is scratching my sclera(white part of eye) or my cornea(the clear part ).

Are the caps flush down on the punctal ring?

Comment

No they stick up - I can definitely feel them when I look from side to side. It feels better today, but still a bit sore. No redness or puss, etc.

Comment

That is a common issue with plugs that are too large for your puncta. I would go back in and if the doctor did not measure your puncta the first time, I would ask for him to measure and insert the proper size. If he refuses I would look for another doctor.

Comment

I had a too-large plug in my left eye---for 2 solid months it caused inflammation. It stuck up too high because the puncta was swollen and inflamed. I swear my eye was trying to push out this foreign body. But the doctor said, no, everything looks OK. I finally listened to myself and had it removed----instant relief was the result.

Calli

Comment

calli
              That is indeed what was happening.

Comment

Working...
              X