quality of tears?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quality of tears?

Searching for answers- I seem to be producing more tears lately based on the amount of dripping i have (punctal plugs x4). However my eyes feel raw and irritated most of the time. Is it that I am not producing the right kind of tears? I have been on Restasis for about 5 months and plugged about as long. Anyone have any knowledge about this or any suggestions? (5 mos. post Lasek)

Hello

My eyes were actually watering today - I have lower plugs only - I tried all 4 and they watered too much - Restasis with 4 plugs - never heard of that -

Comment

Jen,

I have waaaay too many tears in my eyes since I've been cauterized in all four punctae. I also don't feel as comfortable as one might think. I am better now than I have been since LASIK, but do have to baby my eyes constantly, use Dwelle regularly and do hot compresses twice daily. More tears surely doesn't equal comfort. Quality is indeed everything.

I would also recommend to you to do the compresses regularly and consider a regimen of an OTC drop...preferably Dwelle or Dakrina. Use a humidifier in an effort to keep your eyes from drying out at night. Something to keep your eyes closed at night will help.

Good luck.

Diana
      Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Working...
      X