Temporary plugs to semi permanent ones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temporary plugs to semi permanent ones

Hi all, well I was given the temporary plugs back in Nov. 08 and am scheduled to possibly get the semi permanant (or are they permanent?) ones beginning of Feb. My eyes have been much better so I am hopeful. I was first given Asasite initially (2wks worth)and an erythmycyn ointment to go along with it, which I no longer use. I periodically use the warm compresses at night. My question is, how long do thes semi permanent plugs last and are able to be seen at all? Do they ever come out? Since the temporary ones dissolve, which I assume is in about 3 months time, there is no issue with that. Please let me know any info on this. My husband lost his job so we have insurance until the end of Feb. at which point, we will probably get another policy which might not be as good as what we have. Hence, I am trying to fit anything in prior to that time. ie. especially the eyes! Thanks again. Any info
    is greatly appreciated.

It depends on which type of plugs you are getting. Semi-Permanent means just that. Most will dissolve in 3-6 months. A more cost-effective solution for you may be permanent plugs. They don't dissolve. The price is much the same. Indrep here I'm sure will chime in with more info. Good luck to you and Happy New Year!
    Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

member,
      This can be a terminology issue. The silicone plugs are refered to by some doctors as "semi-permanent" meaning they can be removed but are designed to be left in permanently.

Comment

plugs

I had the plugs put in that could be removed but they seem to fall out on me possibly they just did not fit right. my eye dr actually ended up sewing mine shut but that too did not work for me.
        I wish you luck on the use of the plugs and hope they can resolve your dry eyes for you

Comment

Working...
        X