Overflow From Plugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overflow From Plugs

Does anyone have constant overflow from having all ducts permanently plugged? Does it mean I should try to slowly eliminate plugs - start with uppers and see how I do? Or better not to risk it? Please advise with your experiences. Thanks, Belinda

I would see your doctor and make sure that they are positioned correctly. Improperly positioned plugs can cause irritation and excess tearing. I was double plugged in each eye. During allergy season and shortly after having the uppers put in, my left eye began having the overflow tearing. I thought it might be due to plug position but my doc just removed that upper. I had a bit of excess tearing in the other eye, nothing I could not handle. It suddenly stopped one day without my eye feeling any better. I will find out next week if both plugs are still there. I'm dry as a bone right now. At any rate, I would start with a visit to your doctor and discuss your concerns and options. You might try removing the uppers. If you are not comfortable you could consider a flow controller type of plug. One thing to consider with plugs is, when quadriplugged there is no place for excess tears to go except down your face, no matter the cause for those tears. Indrep here I'm sure will chime in with more info. I'm just sharing my experience.
    Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

I had constant flow with both eyes double plugged, so I unplugged the uppers. Obviously, you're trying to find a happy medium somewhere. Flow controllers are a good thing to experiment with, or a solid plug that is intentionally too small for the duct by a mm or two, which will provide the same effect - really just a question of your own comfort.

I've never thought it's a good idea to plug all four ducts because of the "sewer" factor, though I've done it myself.

It's a drag, but look at the bright side - if you've got overflow, it means you're making some tears.

Comment

Working...
      X