Intracanulicular plugs help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intracanulicular plugs help?

Hi all, have not been on for a while but just an update. Back in November 08, I got temporary plugs put in for dry eye. I was also put on Azasite for about 2 weeks as well. My eyes seemed better. I also was using the warm compress at night before bed to help and also had erthymycin oinment to use if need be. I did use that for awhile but then stopped and they seemed pretty good. Just had a follow up visit and the doc -put in the permanent plugs by Oasis known as form fit intracanalicular plug. Doc told me he has has alot of success so I went for them. Actually, my insurance is changing end of this month do to loss of job so I wanted to get these before that ran out. I was surprised just how he did it, without numbing the eye, by inserting one end of a device to open up the canal and then inserting the "gel" as he called it right in. We will see how it goes. As I said my eyes were not to bad lately but decided to do this as a precaution. Does anyone out there have these and how are they working for you? I am supposed to go back in 4 months to let him know how they are, but I figure that it my eyes are ok, I'll probably cancel that appt. thanks and any comments welcome on these.

Does anybody have these? I would love to know. My first night sleeping was ok until I woke up and my eye (the lleft one which is the dry one) was hurting. I could hardly open it. Once I awakened, i put on a warm compress nd then put in erythomycin ointment which did seem to help. I did not call the doctor just yet as I want to give these a chance. As I said before, my eyes were not terrible but just decided to do this as a precaution (and my in surance is running out-the new insurance is not as good) . Anybody know about these? Please give any info if you can. I hope tonight goes better. thanks

Comment

Intracanulicular plugs help????

Thought if I changed the title I would get more response...thanks

Comment

Just got plugs need answers!

Hi all, I posted last week before and after my permanent plugs were put in. The first night/morning, they were uncomfortable but after that, the eyes felt fine. Has anyone out there got these? Oasis is the manufacturer and they were gel like that were inserted. I think they are realitively new to the market. NO-ONE has responded to my initial questions. Am I the only one out here with these? Just wondered and would love comments on anyones reactions to these, positive or negative. Thanks again and I'll wait for answers.

Comment

m very familiar with these plugs. My wife has had them in for over four years. Do you have specific questions?

Comment

If anyone had these, do they last and how do you know without going to doctors to find out. I've had them about 2 weeks now and only 2 mornings did my one eye feel dry. However, the night before I put in Soothe eye drops and perhaps that was why. I was told not to rub my eyes but these were gel like and I wonder how they could come out??? Any comments welcome and have they worked for you? So far, I think I am pleased with them as my eyes are much better than a year ago. I just don't want that horrible dryness to return...ever!

Comment

Working...
            X