4 plugs + Restasis = no relief?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 plugs + Restasis = no relief?!

How is this possible? I now have all 4 tear ducts plugged, plus have been on Restasis for over a month and still my eyes are red and dry. At least I dont have pain or blurred vision anymore...but they're still dry and still red. I had relief for 1 week and thought I was cured...then out of nowhere they got red again and have been red ever since. What's left for me to try??? HELP!

For many of us the conventional "plug & drop" is only the beginning. Here's a link to an article that sketches out a number of additional treatments. It needs a lot of updating but still it explains number of things.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Thank you Rebecca. I've tried everything else...I bought a humidifier to increase moisture in my home, I've started taking flaxseed oil capsules daily, use heat therapy and tranquileyes goggles at night, genteal gel at night (before the goggles.)

I've been using the large bottled Systane drops. Wondering if I need to switch to the preservative-free vials?

Is there any contact lens solution (for storage) better than another for DES?

I've gotten my thyroid checked...all is well on that front.

About a month ago, I switched birth control pills to a low dose pill (I was on yasmin.)

I just dont know what else to try. It seems ridiculous that Restasis is supposed to produce more tears...and now my ducts are all plugged, so those tears shouldnt have anywhere to go. But here I am...red, dry eyes. Sigh.

Comment

My doctor says it can take upto 6 months for you to get the full effects of Restasis

Comment

My doc said I should see a difference in a couple months (it's now been 2)...and then said sometimes up to 6 months. I plan to continue the Restasis for 6-9 months...but with 4 plugs in, I think I should be able to see some kind of change? It's strange because the first week I put just 2 bottom plugs in...I felt fantastic for an entire week. I thought I was cured! Then all of a sudden, they got red and dry again. He put the other 2 plugs in the top and no change at all. I'm frustrated because it seems like no one really knows what to do for this.

Comment

Originally posted by jsalad View Post
            My doc said I should see a difference in a couple months (it's now been 2)...and then said sometimes up to 6 months. I plan to continue the Restasis for 6-9 months...but with 4 plugs in, I think I should be able to see some kind of change? It's strange because the first week I put just 2 bottom plugs in...I felt fantastic for an entire week. I thought I was cured! Then all of a sudden, they got red and dry again. He put the other 2 plugs in the top and no change at all. I'm frustrated because it seems like no one really knows what to do for this.

4 plugs didn't means you can relief from dry eye. It only reduce the time needed for eye drops.

Although my eye didn't need eye drops indoor, I still suffer from sensitive to light, easy tired, worse after evening.
            Also I can't stand with a moderate wind blow outdoor.
            Life is greatly affected.

Your expection on plugs is too high, just like me few years ago.

The only solution is you heal from dry eye by yourself!

Doctor always say with XXX you should have no problem, but there's a real problem that you can't have a normal person's life.

Comment

Working...
            X