Recommended plug docs in the UK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended plug docs in the UK?

hi,what an informative forum this is! my question is if i wanted to look into the possiblility of getting plugs inserted,even temporary ones for a trial where would i start looking in the UK? Googling only brings up a chap in Edinburgh who does Smart plugs? I don't even know what's causing my dry eyes so not sure if plugs would suit but it's an option i'd like to consider...if i could find a doc!

Hi Saltysam
    Welcome to the community !
    Dont be too quick to get plugs -- If you are considering them ,makesure you dont have allergies since they will trap the allergens in your eyes and make it harder to get rid of them- that applies to drops you may be intolerant to also
    That was my reason for refusing them

Comment

Hi there Saltysam

I'm with Stella on this one. I take your point though - you could do with seeing someone who could advise you on it after a proper examination. (I don't think you have had any basic tests yet i.e. tear film break-up time, Schirmer test or fluorescein staining - ?)

Plugs clearly didn't suit my situation; my eyes were a quagmire of trapped debris. I had a miserable few months of even worse pain and discomfort - huge cysts formed on the lids and I was unable to work.

The hospital didn't really know if plugs would help or not - it was just guess-work that they might. My eyes were unresponsive to drops etc so it was a bit of an experiment. On the other hand, some forum members do find them beneficial.

Comment

Hi Irish Eyes- Well the optician put something in my eyes had me blink and then had a good look in them...told me my tears were breaking up after around 3 seconds...being naive i didn't ask her anything else.She didn't seem to think it was a big deal and told me to go and get some isopto plain which i now know contains BK !

Comment

http://www.kestrelophthalmics.com/

This is one of the most respected distributors of ophthalmic products in the UK. They could point you in the right direction.

Comment

Working...
          X