Plug question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plug question

I recently had plugs put in a second time. The first time was in my lower ducts, and did not provide much relief at all. According to my doctor, they dissolved.

Today, I had a new type of plugs put in in all four ducts. They feel fine, minus a bit of discomfort in one eye. Does this "scratchy" feeling go away?

Also, my eyes are too moist now! I did not have this problem before, with just the lower two plugged. Now my eyes feel like I am always crying. Does this eventually go away as well?

Hi,

Yes, that's what happens......a single plug top or bottom doesn't mean you are 50% plugged in that eye.......because all that happens is that the remaining duct just drains more than it did before. I'd guess that with one plug in you are approx. 25% effective plugged. So, going upper/lower plugged after that is a huge step.....you are trully 100% plugged.

My left eye used to weep a bit when it was upper/lower plugged, but only when I was outside in the wind etc. Indoors it wasn't weepy at all.

It was as weepy at the end as it was at the beginning. I never notice it getting any better.

What did happen to me, and I was warned of this prior to fitting, was that I risked infection because the tears are no longer able to wash away dead skin/bacteria etc.
    I was ok for a year then started to get a red eye, crusty in the mornings and a constant white discharge throughout the day. It got sore on occasion.
    I got the lower plug removed a couple of weeks ago and my eye is much better.

I'm still upper/lower plugged in my right right eye............but that's the eye that really needs it (another story!). If it ever weeped I'd throw a party and you'd all be invited!

When I had surface plugs they itched like hell.......but then I got smartplugs/oasis which are internal and they don't itch. What kind of plugs did you get fitted?

Ian.

Comment

Working...
    X