Plug anxiety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plug anxiety

I have lower silicone plugs and I can see them. But I'm terrified they can move and go in my eyes...If you can see them does that mean they are in place?

First, are they helping you? just curious....

If you can see them, they ARE there.
    I just started using lacriserts and have a consult for Monday for plugs.
    I was scared to death to use the lacriserts for fear of "corneal abrasion."
    She reassured me that if it slipped out after being softened, it wouldn't hurt my eye.
    Long story short, she said the same about the plugs.

They may come out, but they won't hurt your eye.
    Many lose them and don't even know it; but again, if you can see them, they are still there.

This is such a scary walk indeed - all the uncertainties. I understand...
    pianolady

Comment

My doctor believe in pushing them down (after 3 days) so they cannot be seen. He has never had a patient lose one doing it this way. I have had mine almost a year with no problems and I am not that careful when it comes to rubbing my eyes.

Comment

Hi,

I had silicon plugs top and bottom, I could see both.

The top one was pushed out around the same time I found out I was having severe allergies. I pushed it back in but there was no mistaking the fact that there was something very sharp and sore in my eye, this meant I didn't blink and ran to the mirror where I pushed it back in with the back of a tweezers, my Dr. was very surprised I manaed to do this but it was either going back in or coming out. My Dr. took it out the next day. The first two times it happened I had no idea it was the plug, just thougt it was the usualy DE pain, and it must have worked its way back in.

So if your plug does come out or come lose you will know. Just learn what they look like and if you have pain or one has come lose just go to your Dr. THe pain I felt was very sharp and sudden, and once I spotted the plug half way out I knew I had the culprit. The first two times I never even thought to look at the plug, I think I was just so used to all tyoes of pain.

So my point is that plugs are usually good at staying where they are. If they come lose or fall out just go back to your Dr. Don't panic about what mighht happen. They could help your DE, which is well worth the small chance of them coming lose.

Good luck,

Bernadette

Comment

lacrisers

hi all
          years and years ago i tried lacriserts and they were not very helpful.
          i was wondering if anyone had tried them recently and if they helped??
          thanks so much,
          Betty

Originally posted by msienkiewicz View Post
          First, are they helping you? just curious....

If you can see them, they ARE there.
          I just started using lacriserts and have a consult for Monday for plugs.
          I was scared to death to use the lacriserts for fear of "corneal abrasion."
          She reassured me that if it slipped out after being softened, it wouldn't hurt my eye.
          Long story short, she said the same about the plugs.

They may come out, but they won't hurt your eye.
          Many lose them and don't even know it; but again, if you can see them, they are still there.

This is such a scary walk indeed - all the uncertainties. I understand...

Comment

Betty,

I sent you a private message about the lacriserts. They appear to be working for me.

Melissa
            pianolady

Comment

Working...
            X