Removing SmartPlugs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing SmartPlugs?

Has anyone ever had the silicone SmartPlugs removed? I've got 4 plugs (the ones that dont have a cap inside the duct) and need to get one removed. I wipe one of my eyes all day long. Wondering if it hurts to get it removed? They say it's just irrigating with saline...but that sounds too easy?

I am not sure exactly what you mean when you say the cap is not inside the duct.

If the cap is visible, they can be removed by a skilled Doctor with a pair of tweezers.

If they are not visible, than irrigation is a solution.

At the worst of my dryness I had all 4 plugged and my excess tearing was horrendous. I had the top removed and things settled down.

Now I am looking at having the bottom removed as my dryness is coming under control very nicely and I am having a little excess tearing again now.

I have had both treatments and they were over in a flash.

Regards

Ian

Comment

Oh geez - that was a typo. I have the silicone Smart Plugs...no cap shows....everything is inside the tear duct. Do they have to probe around in there...or just flush water in and they come right out?

Comment

Ian,

If you don't mind, how did you get your dryness under control - so to speak, and how long did it take to get it to this level. I'm a relative newbe to all this.

Melissa
        pianolady

Comment

Working...
        X