No announcement yet.

SmartPlugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello- I to am a bit cautious about these new plugs, but perhaps unduly so. It is so hard to get any post-marketing experience/clinical info/empirical info on them. I did look this up on the FDA site and saw a little, but this is anecdotal.
    I will be so curious to know whether your doc has ease in just flushing the smart plug out as this is the claim by the company.

Comment

Smart plugs

I will let you know what happens I am seeing my original lasik dr. on Thursday and hopefully he will irrigate it out. Peggy

Comment

Keep us posted Peggy... I'm very sorry the plug has turned out to be a bad experience for you and I hope removal goes as quickly and smoothly as possible.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Originally posted by DrG
          I have a colleague who is an oculoplastic surgeon. His practice is limited to lacrimal system reconstruction and eyelid reconstruction following cancer, etc. His words of wisdom were as follows: "Don't ever assume that whatever you insert into the nasolacrimal canal can be irrigated out." This comes from somebody who has had to perform countless dacryocystorhinoplasties as a result of imbedded inserts.

My philosophy is that I want to be able to see the plug. If I don't see it, then I know it fell out. Sometimes the flange of the plug can be irritating. There is actually a way of removing the plug and trimming the flange with scissors or a scalpel, and reinserting it. Or one can start with a new plug, trim the flange, and insert it.

DrG
          Dr. G the Port plug is a dark brown substance so that it is easily seen using translumination of the eyelid. Much easier to see than the Herrick.
          GOGO

Comment

Working...
          X