Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Restasis vehicle not the same as Refresh Endura??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restasis vehicle not the same as Refresh Endura??

This is what I get into when I'm bored...

I was comparing the inactive ingredient lists for Restasis and Refresh Endura, and although they are similar, they are not identical. I had seen various sites/ people say that Refresh Endura was identical to Restasis minus the cyclosporine, so that's why I thought this was interesting .

Resasis: glycerine, castor oil, polysorbate80, carbomer 1342, purified water and sodium hydroxide to adjust pH

Refresh Endura: carbomer 1342, castor oil, glycerine, mannitol, polysorbate 80, sodium hydroxide to adjust pH, and purified water

Ho hum... maybe there's someone else who will read this and find it mildly interesting haha. I can't really see any practical use for this info at the moment

looks like mannitol is the only extra in endura, both drops seem to make my eyes burn - mistaked endura for celluvisc the other day and put a bunch of it in both eyes, they ended up going quite red for the evening - there is something in both these drops that just does not agree with me.
    Last edited by Aaron77; 14-Jan-2010, 13:39.

Comment

restasis vs refresh endura

My ophthal said that there have been trials that showed no statisical difference between people using restasis versus those using only refresh endura.

I personally see a little difference on restasis.

Cheers,
      Sheila

Ocular rosacea, MGD (1996)

Comment

Actually, castor oil is the “vehicle” that is the same in both eye drops. It is the castor oil that has become controversial because it has the potential to cause harmful side effects.

Here are two threads that may be of interest.

http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showthread.php?t=3669

http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showthread.php?t=4458

Comment

Working...
        X