X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Corneal staining but significant dryness and pain

Hello
    I have now had my second dry eye attack in 3 years. This one has now lasted for 4 months. My lower lids are plugged, the uppers were for a month last December 2009 but i had them removed because i teared and the dryness remained(if that makes sense). I am a suspected sjogrens patient and have been on cyclosporin ointment for 5 weeks. I had my 3rd opthalmic appointment in 9 weeks but this time i have No Dry spots demonstrated by corneal staining according to my Dr today! They feel as dry as hell still so i was wondering if anybody has any views on this? I have tried to find some articles on the association between pain and actual corneal staining on exam. I feel quite down as although i do not want to have positive results, something to go on would help. I am wondering if the Restasis has got the inflamation down but a dryness cycle still exists.
    I do not have blepharitis.
    Thanks
    Louisa
    Last edited by louisa; 01-Feb-2010, 16:13. Reason: forgot to insert an important word

my eye doctor says i have no dry patches but like you my eyes feel dry as hell.The whites are always inflammed so i like to use cold compresses & drops to soothe them.They feel good for a few minutes then back to square one.Im so fed up

Comment

Working...
    X