This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyclosporin Delivery Vehicle?

Why can't they just put this stuff in Reflesh Plus? Restasis irritates my eyes so much but I feel its just what the meds are delivered in rather then the meds.

Years ago when my ophthalmologist's office made it difficult for me to get restasis (I'm in Canada), I had cyclosporine (.05%) compounded in an OTC eyedrop that I could tolerate. I just told the compounding pharmacist which one I liked and he put it in it (both went into a new bottle).

If Refresh Plus is a regular OTC drop that isn't already in single-dose units, then your compounding pharmacist should be able to do it. And if this pharmacist doesn't sell that brand in his/her shop, take your own unopened package and see if that will do!

Good luck.

Comment

Picked up my autologous serum drops today and the pharmasist told me that they can make up drops with cyclosporin - he thought it was weird that my opthamologist would go to all the trouble it takes to get Restasis into Canada when he could just compound the cyclosporin. Now that I know of a place that will do the compounding I'll have to try and get the opth. to write a prescription - he did not seem to think he could do this before or maybe just thought it was a bad idea - not proven, I don't know. Anyways its good to knopw that there is someone who can make this stuff up for me in Edmonton.

Comment

Yay! That's great news Aaron! I don't see any reason why your doc shouldn't let you try the compounded stuff... especially since all you're asking for is the same strength as what's in Restasis!

Comment

I'm now taking compounded cyclosporine 1% with liposomes. I initially mixed it with autologous serum in various concentrations but even without the serum there is virtually no itching and burning.
          Last edited by Ariel; 16-Aug-2010, 17:51.

Comment

Working...
          X