This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• restasis

I will be seeing my eye dr again either this week or next week. In the past he mentioned restasis for my dry eye, but never got into trying it. Should I try this after having years of issues or what has others experiences been?

I have the classic MGD dry eye, also have allergy eye which tends to only make the problem worse and dry them out more and make them more red.

Otherwise I use systane eye drops with pataday eye drops for the allergy. I use about 1-2 vivals a day of the systane.

I have heard that restatis is expensive, but my deductible is met for the year and would be covered, so I am considering it.

Any thoughts???

You won't know if it will help you if you don't give it a try. Everyone's eyes are different, what works for one person might not work for another. If you decide to give it a try, I would suggest committing to six months so you can evaluate the full benefit. For some people it takes quite a while to get relief from it.
    Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Originally posted by kitty View Post
      You won't know if it will help you if you don't give it a try. Everyone's eyes are different, what works for one person might not work for another. If you decide to give it a try, I would suggest committing to six months so you can evaluate the full benefit. For some people it takes quite a while to get relief from it.

Thanks! I will bring it up when I visit next week and see if he wants to give it a try. He did mention that the success rate varies and it takes a few months to notice a real difference.

Comment

Working...
      X