Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAO Sazy - re: ciclosporin eye drops

Hi

Sorry, had to put this here as your mailbox is full and cannot receive any private messages.

I just wanted to ask what the doctor said about ciclosporin eye drops, Im asking because he told me they were unavailable.

I have searched online for ciclosporin eye drops (uk) and all that comes up is a drop called Optimmune - which is for pets! Which is fantastic if your pooch is suffering from dry eyes!

Hiya he didnt say much he just mentioned them when i said about the serum drops that we could work something out cylosporine, or the serum drops. and cylosporine might work better if your younger. You can get it in hospitals its given for people again with bad eyes after surgery. When you ask him dont mention i said, just say you heard he did them, becuase i dont want him to change his mind for whatever reason.
    I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

Optimmune

Optimmune is cyclosporine 0.2%. It comes in a petrolatum base, like vaseline. Restasis is cyclosporine 0.05%. It comes as a fluid eyedrop.

My insurance company declared that my dry eye is the result of LASIK surgery so they won't cover the cost of Restasis ($100 per month). I'm a veterinarian so I use Optimmune. ($5 per month) It really makes the tears flow. Much better than Restasis ever did. Because of the vaseline-like consistancy I only use it at bedtime. But that seems to work well for me.

Veterinarians have used cyclosporine eyedrops for more than 20 years. The tablets dissolve easily in oils like corn oil. I have animal patients with eyes so dry even Optimmune doesn't work. For them I have cyclosporine in corn oil at 0.5% concentration.

Comment

Thanks for that, I suppose there must be a way around it then.

Comment

For those of you who try Restasis and it doesn't seem to work after 3 months, please read the package insert very carefully about half way down on the left side. It talks about the efficacy of the product.

Comment

Working...
          X