This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I try quitting Restasis?

I have only had one doctor comment on my Restasis use and it went like, "Well, the Restasis must be ******g the inflammation well". What kind of comment is that? How does he know Restasis is doing anything at all? I just sat there while he continued the exam trying to figure out to myself what exactly that meant. I would say my DE is mild, most of the time, but flare ups I'd say are moderate.

I've been using Restasis for about 6 or 7 months.. I'm afraid the longer I use this stuff the more I will "have" to use it. Does that make sense?

If this stuff is doing anything at all does anyone know how long it would take, once I quit, to see the effects? Then, if I did go downhill how long to get back to feeling any positive effects? Has anyone here quit using it and felt no different?

I felt the most relief by changing my diet but at the same time I started taking Omega 3's - but then only about 500mg's per day, which I don't know is even enough to notice. I was also at the 5th or 6th month into my Restasis regime at the time, also.

RE: quitting restasis

I actually think that quitting something is sometimes a good way to test if you really need it.

I quit restasis once for almost a year. I went back on it and discovered that I need it.

Restasis isn't a cure for me. But it helps me enough that I need to continue with it.

Comment

Working...
    X