This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Restasis?

I couldn't use Restasis because of the severe burning, but was just told by an eye doctor that if you keep it in the frig, it will eliminate the burning. Has anyone tried this? He also mentioned using some type of steroid eye drops for the first couple weeks, to get one past the initial burning stage. Anyone tried this? Also, just how much has Restasis helped you? Thanks!

I can vouch for the fridge thing helping! I would put the vial I was using in the fridge about 15-30 minutes before I used it each time and it was WAY more comfortable than using it at room temp.

Within a month or two (can't remember exactly how long), I was able to just use the Restasis at room temp.

I think it's helping... nothing dramatic or anything, but since starting Restasis I no longer have seemingly random flare ups... my eyes stay more on an even keel...

I've been on it for just over a year now.

Comment

I could not tolerate restasis either but putting it in the fridge did help. I also was told it takes time to adjust and also feel benefits.

Comment

Using moisture goggles will also lessen the burning.....considerably.

Comment

Working...
        X