This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extreme dry eyes and pain

I am experiencing too much dry eyes and pain in eyes due to post lasik some 4 yrs back
    This dryness seems to be increasing day by day.
    even many times i have experienced that putting too much weight like wearing specs or goggles creates pain in the nerves in lower end of eye.

Does restasis help?
    since the black portion in the eye seems to be compreesed from both corners and creating pain ..increasing day by day

also Acs are creating problems.

when i close the eyes i fill extreme pain.
    I felt the pain more after doctor put some drops for checking the retina..
    some xylocaine or something.

Hi I am sorry for your pain. I did not have lasik but do have extreme eye pain and dryness. Anyhow have you seen an eye doctor to see why it may be worsening over time? I am not sure if you are near the eye doctor who did the surgery but maybe following up with that person. For me my dry eye I think was caused my a severe case of blepheritis. Do you have blepheritis or any other conditions that could be causing this on top of the lasik? It seems from what I read restasis works for some and not for others. I tried it but did not tolerate it well. I would talk to a doctor about it and at least get their thoughts. I wish I could offer more. I hope you feel better and get relief soon

Comment

Originally posted by GinaJ View Post
      Hi I am sorry for your pain. I did not have lasik but do have extreme eye pain and dryness. Anyhow have you seen an eye doctor to see why it may be worsening over time? I am not sure if you are near the eye doctor who did the surgery but maybe following up with that person. For me my dry eye I think was caused my a severe case of blepheritis. Do you have blepheritis or any other conditions that could be causing this on top of the lasik? It seems from what I read restasis works for some and not for others. I tried it but did not tolerate it well. I would talk to a doctor about it and at least get their thoughts. I wish I could offer more. I hope you feel better and get relief soon

hi gina,thanks for ur reply.I already seen the top most eye doctors of India.But they dont give a prompt reply.They avoid me as saying there is no cure for dryness.I am sustaining so severe pain and dryness over years with no drops working.Its so frustrating.I can even seat facing to winds or near Ac vents otherwise the problem increases.
      The eyes remain too redish and vision fluctuates with every blink.
      Its really too frustrating.
      Please suggest any remedies for long term cure of dryness.
      Would humidfiers work in cold weather?
      Would Flax seed oil work?
      Punctual plugs dont work for me.

Or should i quit my job and search for any other profession other than computers?

I am also married and this all simply increases the pressure.
      Praying to god that none should live life as i do at this younger age.

Comment

djshah1983,

I know how you feel. I can't tell you that your eyes will ever be what they were pre-lasik, but there are many things you can do to improve your condition. You will need patience for trial and error for what works for you.

After three years of experimentation, this is what I've found works for me.

- 2 tablespoons (15ml each) of high quality fish oil twice daily
        - warm compresses with moist towel or rice baggy twice daily
        - 25mg of dhea once daily
        - restasis eyedrops twice daily (by prescription)
        - short courses of doxycycline about 6 weeks at a time (by prescription)

It really depends on what type of dry eye you have. I have ocular rosacea and meibomian gland dysfunction, but my doctor also said that according to my schirmer test that I don't produce enough tears.

Good luck

Comment

Working...
        X