This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fundryeyes View Post
    Although I've read some people get relief from plugs, it seems many many more have issues with them. My ophthalmologist and optometrist won't touch them because of all the problems with them including pain, falling out, etc.. The thing that is most interesting to me is that your body will adjust to them by producing less tears when it senses the extra moistness. What a cruel bugger our body can be !!!
    I love having plugs....I have had temporary and semi-permanent both, and I have had zero problems! They have brought me much comfort and would recommend them to those that suffer with dry eyes!

Comment

Originally posted by msny View Post
      I've used both the plugs and Restasis together, and they work
      fine for me. But for me the real tipping point for dry eye
      came when I added the rice baggy treatment last year.

Now using just these three treatments together dry eye
      is about 100% better. Still there, but treatable.

The best thing about it, I dont need to use as much regular
      wetting drops in between.
      What are rice baggy's ? I'm new to this and trying to find answers, I'm currently using Restasis, and I have plugs in my upper punctum's, I had surgery done about 2 years ago, (ironically) so can't plug lowers too big. My eyes seemed to get better after only a week on the restasis, the doc said it takes 6-9 weeks for it to begin working, not sure than if it was working or not? For some reason my eyes flared up so I'm trying to find out if it is something I'm doing that's making it worse. I bought some similasan drops but kinda scared that they contain belladonna, which is a poison. Has anyone used colloidal silver? Heard that it can be beneficial. I can't produce any tears now, no matter how hard Ivey...nothing comes out really getting concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by Mawsky View Post
        What are rice baggy's ? I'm new to this and trying to find answers, I'm currently using Restasis, and I have plugs in my upper punctum's, I had surgery done about 2 years ago, (ironically) so can't plug lowers too big. My eyes seemed to get better after only a week on the restasis, the doc said it takes 6-9 weeks for it to begin working, not sure than if it was working or not? For some reason my eyes flared up so I'm trying to find out if it is something I'm doing that's making it worse. I bought some similasan drops but kinda scared that they contain belladonna, which is a poison. Has anyone used colloidal silver? Heard that it can be beneficial. I can't produce any tears now, no matter how hard Ivey...nothing comes out really getting concerned.
        A rice baggy is a sock or pouch filled with rice. There is one located on the dry eye zone shop. www.dryeyeshop.com

It can be chilled or heated. Often when it's heated and placed over the eyes it helps break up the oil glands in the eye lids.

I have plugs and I am taking restasis. I can't really notice a difference, but my doctor said my cornea looks better and it's normally dry, so it must be helping. I've been on it for about 4 months.

I use the similasan allergy drops and they don't harm or hurt me. They do not have harmful preservatives and that's why I am taking it.

Comment

i have plugs inserted for a week. Before using plugs, was using Refresh+, Systane, Retasis. After finishing work @ 6pm, my eyes are normally tired and very dry, applying Retasis also didnt help much.

but after inserted plugs, i noticed Retasis lasted longer in my eyes, with a longer burning sensation.

Comment

I have been on restatis 2X day for 1 and a half years. I don't know if it helps, but I know if I don't use it my eyes feel worse. Some times I think if I put almost any drop in my eye, except OTC tears it helps my eyes because it adds moisture. I now have plugs in all 4 tear ducts. That seems to have helped some. I like muro 128 drops it seems to draw all of the filaments together so I can get them out of my eye. The latest treamtemt I have been using is tears made from my blood serum, which seems to help the most and then mucamyst to help break up the filaments, but my doctor does not want me to take the mucamyst with the muro 128, I should ask him why, I think the two would go well together.

I did read some where that restatis in high doses or for long periods of time can cause caner. It did not say what type of cancer or how many drops was high dose, or how long was a long period of time. I also take Muro 128 ointment and FML ointment, it is the only steriod I can take that will not increase my eye pressure. If I don't take these before I go to sleep I feel like my eye lids are stuck to my eye balls when I wake up.

Comment

Working...
            X