This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Test Results but Still Suffering

At my last visit to the opthamologist, he ran the usual osmolarity test and he was happy to report to me that I had normal readings in both eyes after using Restasis for 6 months and having lower plugs placed. While my left eye is fine, my right is still the major problem. My dr. believes that now that my eyes are functioning normally with Restasis, my right eye should repair itself. I am trying to be optimistic, but I have been dealing with this so long that I am skeptical. He said that I should feel better in 6 weeks. Has anyone on this site had an experience similar to mine? Is it possible that my right eye is just permanently damaged and the staining will never go away? Are there prople out there with normal readings that still experience problems? If so, why is this? Thanks for any input that you can give.

Skeeter,

I would be skeptical also. When Optos say things will be better in six weeks on restasis or anything else for that matter, they have no way of knowing . It's just guess work unfortunately

I got complete indifference from my Opto, though he seemed like a nice guy. I think they see an ever increasing volume of DES patients these days and haven't a clue how to help them, unfortunate as that is.

cheers
    Jamie

Comment

Working...
    X