Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restasis In Canada

Hey all!

Allergan Canada INC. hasn't been able to get RESTASIS available in Canada. HEALTH CANADA will have to approve the drug firsty. I called the company and spoke to their customer representative, who believed it would probably be a number of years before it was availible commercially. Their website describes the following:

"Allergan Canada INC. continues to do research on the inflammatory nature of dry eye disease, and we are excited about the therapeutic potential of Restasis® , a first in the actual treatment of dry eye. In addition, Allergan maintains an extensive artificial tear product line, and Refresh®,Celluvisc®, and Liquifilm® are recommended by eye care practitioners more than any other artificial tear products."

However, some Canadian opthomologists are able to get RESATSIS through something called the SPECIAL ACCESS PROGRAM. You can check out the info at this link: http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/dhp-mps/acces...s/index_e.html.

It is unlikly that an optomotrist is able to acquire RESTASIS. I suspect you have to see an opthomologist.

Remember...I'm talking about CANADA here...you know, where the beavers come from...and the mounties...

Thanks!

Trevor
    Death to Dry Eye!

It must be available there now. I order my drugs from Canada and it is on my lists as I may start using it and it is just too costly here(USA). I have to pay for my drugs, no insurance for that. It is about $108 for 90 days compared with about $587 here. Slight difference?

Comment

Art--If that's the case, substantially cheaper the way you're doing it. Last time I knew Restasis was $115 for a one month supply or 30 vials. I know we stretch it to last longer, but costwise it is that month for a supposed one month supply of 30 vials.
      Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

I just went back and rechecked. Don't know how I misread it(another senior moment?)but it is about the same as US. $98.73 for Cananda and the same here for 32 vials. Sorry about that. I would have been shocked when the bill came in. Didn't order it yet so I am glad I checked. I will have to wait until Spring now at those prices. I don't always have work during the Winter and don't want to start using this and have to stop. Usually there is a big difference in the prices of prescriptions. At least for the ones I use. Thanks for writing back otherwise I would not have noticed. I stand here embarrased.

Comment

Working...
        X