Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how many times is it safe to use the same vial of Restasis?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how many times is it safe to use the same vial of Restasis?

My doc told me I can use the same vial twice. Is there any information about using a vial more than twice?

Originally posted by johannasas View Post
    My doc told me I can use the same vial twice. Is there any information about using a vial more than twice?
    I don't believe there is any documented information saying it's actually safe, but I use the same vial for 2 days. I believe the company says to discard after one use to prevent any contamination and to protect themselves. If you replace the cap afterwards and keep your hands clean, I am sure it is safe to use.

Comment

What the eye doc said

Hi, when the Opthamologist gave me the samples, and Rx, he told me I can get about three doses out of one vial, he told me to recap and place upright in the box the samples came in the refrigerator. The pharmacist felt that she could not recommend because the solution was no longer sterile. Everthing about this condition is so confusing, the eye surgeon I saw felt that the restasis was more irritating to my eyes and lids than may be doing good, I'm still using, tho. And placing in fridge. The drops actually feel better cold.

Comment

Working...
      X